Sunday, February 14, 2016

Artist Amélie Legault


I am Amélie Legault, French Canadian artist and illustrator. I live in Montreal with my boyfriend, my partner in business and his two little girls, my best critics! I always drew and I have a great fascination for animals. I think I love them all and I have a lot of fun drawing them!

It all started with a collection of 6 flamingo birthday cards. In March 2013 I opened my Etsy shop and I entered the first Montreal store that accepted my cards in consignment! Do I need to tell how shy and nervous I was this first time? :) Finally, in April 2014 I left my full-time job for ... for drawing full time! Living my dream job!

Since then, the flamingos have made new friends: all the cycling animals and the dressed fish! Because an animal riding a bicycle, is funny! And a trout wearing a mitten, is also really funny! Humour is important in my work.

I draw with brush pens and ink on vellum paper. Then I scan my drawings and I printed on my inkjet printer Epson Artisan and Epson archive ink that last 200 years. I print on matte paper 192 g / m2. I myself assure print quality and this method allows me to offer you several formats. I also carefully wrap and ship every order.

If you would like to have a look at what is happening in my studio, you can visit - 

Etsy shop:
https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/AmelieLegault

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/amelielegaultillustration

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/amelielegaultillustration

No comments:

Post a Comment