Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Boozybear.blogspot


 
Glenda Schoepp-Drake is the artist behind Boozybear.blogspot. Her unique vision and obvious talent – not to mention her love of all things steampunk – have given her one-of-a-kind shop right here in Cold Lake, Alberta.

Glenda uses the word “quirky” in her popular blog, http://boozybear.blogspot.ca/

 “A little bit quirky, this is how my boss has described me, and let me tell you people do not think quirky is a good thing 'till about high school. Growing up a quirky, chubby, artsy girl is like walking around with a bullseye on your back, then one day - poof - everything that used to make you weird now makes you unique.”

 Glenda blames Cold Lake’s infamous cold (seven months of long winter) for her interest in scrapbooking and art. “My husband is all about winter – in fact he has eight snowmobiles! I hate winter, so those are my scrapbooking months. I started scrapbooking when I had my son, Alex, and fell in love with both my son (after the colic passed) and scrapbooking. I have always been artsy but I finally found an outlet that worked for me and my life. Thanks to scrapping, I have met some of the most wonderful people, who are all a little bit quirky.”

 Her Etsy shop sells mostly steampunk items for fellow scrapbookers – she does sell some of her fabulous art as well, but most of her work can be seen on her blog. To see both, visit her Etsy shop
https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/boozybear/ or her blog: http://boozybear.blogspot.ca/

 
 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment